The new Engine Company 115 Fire Station will be the second-largest fire station in the city, with space for a Chicago Fire Department District Office, an Office of Emergency Management and Communications radio communication tower and three ambulances. The 27,000-square-foot, single-story fire station will be a home-away-from-home for approximately 20 firefighters/EMTs and eight officers: housing sleeping quarters, locker rooms, a workout facility, full-service kitchen with pantry and dining area, day room, laundry, and wellness room. A training space, conference room, and open office space will be shared by the EC 115 team and the CFD District Office. The facility will also feature a state-of-the-art emergency communications hub, watchtower, open office spaces and a 4-bay apparatus room with a hose drying tower.
“Ongoing public safety investments like this state-of-the-art facility would not be possible without the commitment and sacrifice from our local first responders who work to keep our community safe every day. The new Engine 115 firehouse will create the extra space and state-of-the-art training facilities necessary for our firefighters and EMTs. I look forward to getting the work done and cutting the ribbon.”
– 34th Ward Alderman Carrie Austin
The new facility will replace the existing Engine Company 115 firehouse located at 11940 South Peoria Street.
View the design-build contract details for this project here.
- Pay Application #2 (12/11/19)
- Pay Application #3 (12/16/19)
- Pay Application #4 (2/18/20)
- Pay Application #5 (3/10/20)
- Design-Build Shortlist (1/25/19)
- Construction Flyer (4/2019)
- Constructive News You Can Use (Q2 2019)
- Subcontractor Networking Session Flyer (6/5/19)
- Subcontractor Networking Agenda (6/5/19)
- Subcontractor Networking Presentation (6/5/19)
- Subcontractor Networking Brochure (6/5/19)
- Subcontractor Networking Sign-In (6/5/19)
- Design-Build Team Flyer (6/5/19)
- Community Hiring Events (6/2019)