LEED Certified GOLD
On December 13, 2008 Mayor Richard M. Daley cut the ribbon on the new 2 story, 44,000-square-foot masonry police station. This $29.2 million project includes a 226 car parking garage structure and 24 surface parking spaces and is contained on a 2.67 acre site.
The new facility includes features such as a spacious public lobby, a Community Room, a Community Relations Office, a secured viewing and line up room, a separate two station entrance (Sallyport) for arrested personnel, a video arraignment room, a telecommunication room, a fitness room, a video wall roll call room, a security monitoring system, and a quiet room for officers.
The new station is nearly five times the size of the previous Deering District Police Station which was built in 1938 at 3501 S. Lowe Avenue.
LEED Features: This project was designed to achieve the goal of LEED “Gold” Certification and includes a “Green” roof over 50% of the roof area, a turbine generator waste heat recovery system, environmentally friendly and recycled material usage, and a sophisticated building energy management system.