The PBC Board has approved a Partial Undertaking Request from the Board of Education for a new annex at Thomas J. Waters Elementary School.
Waters Elementary School is a level-1 neighborhood elementary school that is recognized for its Fine and Performing Arts, Ecology, and Technology programs. The Lincoln Square school currently serves over 600 students of many different ethnicities, cultures and economic levels, and it has experienced an 86 percent jump in enrollment over the past 10 years, maxing out its existing space, and necessitating a new annex.
The project is anticipated to include the construction of a new annex as well as improvements to the existing school building and site. The new annex will be built on the northeast part of the school’s campus, replacing one of its two playgrounds. The addition will house standard classrooms, a music room, art room, a multipurpose room, restrooms, elevator, and a media center. Site improvements include parking lot upgrades, stormwater management infrastructure, landscaping, and a new outdoor play area. Some renovation work will take place within the existing school building.
View the construction contract details for this project here.
- Waters Garden and Ecology Program
- The Edible Schoolyard Project: Waters Elementary School
- Principal Kipp’s Blog – Thankful in November (11/21/18)
- Community Meeting on Proposed Annex (1/31/19)
- “Waters Elementary’s New Annex Set To Break Ground This Spring” Block Club Chicago (3/14/19)
- Advertisement for Bids (4/19/19)
- CM Alert 01 (4/19/19)
- Advertisement for Bids (5/3/19)
- CM Alert 02 (5/3/19)
- CM Alert 03 (5/21/19)
- CM Alert 04 (6/18/19)
- Project Notice (6/2019)
- CM Alert 05 (6/26/19)