The PBC Board has approved a Partial Undertaking Request from the Board of Education for renovations at Josephine Carson Locke Elementary School.
The project is anticipated to include exterior renovations at the existing school building: roof replacement, window repairs, and masonry and terra cotta restoration as well as interior improvements to address water damage and renovation work in the gymnasium. Site improvements are anticipated, including asphalt repairs, ADA accessibility upgrades, and landscaping.
Locke School, located on the northwest side of Chicago, is a level-1+ elementary school with an International Baccalaureate program that encourages students to build core values of discipline, tolerance, and respect. The school is named for Josephine Carson Locke, a progressive educator who maintained that the purpose of the elementary school was to develop well-rounded citizens. Locke emphasized the teaching of art as a legitimate subject because it stimulates the creative mind.
View the construction contract details for this project here.
- Pay Application #1 (9/16/19)
- Pay Application #2 (10/22/19)
- Pay Application #4 (12/23/19)
- Pay Application #5 (1/30/20)
- Pay Application #6 (3/24/20)
- Pay Application #7 (4/17/20)
- Pay Application #8 (6/10/20)
- Pay Application #9 (7/7/20)
- Pay Application #10 (7/7/20)
- Pay Application #11 (8/4/20)
- Pay Application #12 (9/25/20)
- Pay Application #13 (10/21/20)