Advertisement for Bids: Contract C1593 – Williams Park Fieldhouse
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A and B prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1593, for the construction of the new Williams Park Fieldhouse Project. The Project consists of the construction of a new 11,200 sf one-story fieldhouse building and a 1,560 sf spray pool for Williams Park, located at 2820 South State Street in Chicago, Illinois. The Project will also include the abatement and demolition of an existing 1,000 sf fieldhouse and 4,300 sf spray pool. The new building will house two club rooms with storage and a work room; a pantry; a vending machine room; janitor closet; entry lobby; reception area and office with storage; men’s and women’s toilet rooms; family toilet room; mechanical room; gymnasium; gym storage; electrical room; MDF room; and a roof mechanical well with two RTUs. Site improvements include a new spray pool with controls enclosure, trash enclosure, new underground storm water detention system, shrubs, trees, bike racks, exterior lighting, new underground utilities, new concrete sidewalks and benches.
Lists of Prequalified Bidders:
Class A General Contractors
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc.
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc.
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II
Class B General Contractors
- Aldridge Electric, Inc.
- Brandenburg Industrial Service Company
- Broadway Electric, Inc.
- Frederick Quinn Corporation
- John Burns Construction
- The Lombard Company
- O.A.K.K. Construction Company, Inc.
- Poulos, Inc.
- R. T. Milord Company
- Reliable & Associates Construction Company
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found here: bhfxplanroom.com
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have access to complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here.
On Thursday, December 14, 2017, in the John B. Drake Elementary School Auditorium, located at 2710 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 am, a Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30 am. and Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through of the facility) at 11:00 am. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project. Attendees may enter the building on the east or west side of the building and are to proceed to the auditorium located on the main floor. Parking is available in the Parking Lot on the west side of the building (behind the school). Street parking is also available.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre-Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 am, Thursday, February 1, 2018 (updated per Addendum No. 5) at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Presentation (12/22/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (12/22/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (12/22/17)
- (Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (12/22/17)
- Addendum No. 1 for Williams Park Fieldhouse (C1593) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Williams Park Fieldhouse (C1593) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3 for Williams Park Fieldhouse (C1593) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 3
- Addendum No. 4 for Williams Park Fieldhouse (C1593) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 4
- Addendum No. 5 for Williams Park Fieldhouse (C1593) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 5
- Addendum No. 6 for Williams Park Fieldhouse (C1593) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 6
- Addendum No. 7 for Williams Park Fieldhouse (C1593) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 7
For more information about Williams Park, view the project page.