The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A and Class B Prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1598, Salt Dome Replacement Facility (Grand Avenue).
The Salt Dome Replacement Facility (Grand Avenue) is located at 2555 West Grand Avenue, in Chicago, Illinois. The project consists of of a new salt dome and site improvement to the existing salt storage and distribution site located at 2555 W. Grand Ave, Chicago, Illinois. The project scope is anticipated to include, but not limited to, a new monolithic concrete salt dome capable of storing 60,000 tons of salt, new parking for staff, a new paved driveway, stormwater detention tank, and other site improvements.
LIST OF PREQUALIFIED BIDDERS:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc.
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc.
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II
- Aldridge Electric, Inc.
- Brandenburg Industrial Service Company
- Broadway Electric, Inc.
- Frederick Quinn Corporation
- John Burns Construction Company
- The Lombard Company
- O.A.K.K. Construction Co., Inc.
- Poulos, Inc.
- R.T. Milord Company
- Reliable & Associates Construction Co.
- Book 1 Instructions to Bidders may be found here
- Plans and specifications, including any Addenda issued for the above-referenced project may be found here: Cross Rhodes Print and Technologies Planroom
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have access to complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here
On Friday, January 22, 2021, PBC will host a Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting at 11:00 a.m., and a Non-Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 11:30a.m. (updated via Addendum No. 1)on ZOOM virtual meeting platform.
To join click on the link or call the number below:
Meeting Link: Salt Dome Grand Avenue ZOOM
Meeting Phone Number: 312-626-6799 (Please note: If joining only by phone, you will be unable to view the presentation)
Meeting ID: 828 8788 4370
Meeting Passcode: None required
Subcontractors and suppliers are encouraged to attend.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
Information to be uploaded once available.
Sealed bids shall be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, between 9:00a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Thursday, January 28, 2021. PLEASE NOTE: The PBC office located at 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, Illinois will only be open for drop off of bids on January 28, 2021 commencing at 9:00a.m. Mail has been sporadic due to COVID-19. The PBC recommends firms submit their bid electronically to email@example.com. Please refer to Book 1 Instructions to Bidders, Submission of Bids, for further instructions. Public Bid Opening will be held immediately following receipt of bids.
Information to be uploaded once available.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Deputy Director of Procurement, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Addendum No. 1 issued January 12, 2021 for Salt Dome Replacement Facility (C1598) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
Public Building Commission of Chicago
Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, Chairman
Carina E. Sánchez, Executive Director
Office of Inspector General Complaint Hotline
If you see corruption, fraud, waste, or dishonest practices of any kind please report it to the City of Chicago Office of Inspector General (OIG) – PBC’s oversight body. Concerned employees, contractors, consultants, and members of the public may contact OIG via its independent hotline and website.
Telephone Reporting: (866) IG-TIPLINE (866-448-4754).
Web Reporting: http://ChicagoInspectorGeneral.org/Get-Involved