Alderman Margaret Laurino and 17th District Commander Sam Christian joined the PBC for a ground breaking ceremony on June 11, 2003.
The new 17th District Police Station will be built on land between Leland Avenue and Eastwood Avenue on the west side of Pulaski.
A street-level parking lot will be constructed on the west side of Pulaski, from Eastwood Avenue to Wilson Avenue; and, on the east side, from Leland Avenue to Eastwood Avenue. Separate community parking will be constructed just north of the new station.
The current 17th District Police Station was built in 1938, two blocks south of the new site.
Based on prototype design, the new 42,000-square-foot station will be more than four times the size of the original.
- Mayor Daley Highlights Renovations At Sauganash Elementary School
- Mayor Daley Cuts Ribbon For New 17th District Police Station
- Community, PBC Break Ground On New Albany Park Police Station
- PBC Approves Contract To Build New Albany Park Police Station
- PBC Hires African-American Firms to Manage Projects