Advertisement for Bids
Contract C1581 – Sheridan Elementary School Annex
Eligible to Bid:
23 firms have been deemed prequalified for this project:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- George Sollitt Construction Company, The
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The new Annex will house one (1) STEM classroom with storage, one (1) Unisex Toilet, Mechanical/Pump/Meter Rooms, Gymnasium, Gym Office, Gym Storage, Electrical Room, Boys Toilets, Girls Toilets, Elevator Machine Room, Elevator Lobby and a Kindergarten Toilet. Site improvements include upgrading the existing parking lot, a new underground storm water detention system, ornamental fencing, trash enclosure, shrubs, planting beds and trees as well as a new green space to the south of the annex. The Project will also include a new elevator which will provide for access to all levels of the existing building.
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found on the designated printer’s online planroom for this Project at springerblueprint.com
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here: Assist Agencies
On Wednesday, August 16, 2017, in the Sheridan Elementary School Gymnasium, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30 a.m. and Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through of the facility) at 11:00 a.m. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all eligible pre-qualified contractors bidding on this Project.
Sub-contractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre-Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the pre-qualified contractors bidding on this project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m., Friday, September 8, 2017, at which time they will be publicly opened.
- Bid Tabulation Document (9/8/17)
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda w/Presentation Documents (8/16/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (8/16/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (8/16/17)
- (Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (8/16/17)
- Addendum No. 1 for IFB – Sheridan Elementary School Annex (C1581) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for IFB – Sheridan Elementary School Annex (C1581) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
Follow this project on Twitter @PBCChi #SheridanAnnex
For more information about Sheridan Math & Science Academy, view the project page.