Advertisement for Bids – C1586
List of Prequalified Bidders:
Class A General Contractors:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
Class B General Contractors:
- Aldridge Electric, Inc.
- Brandenburg Industrial Service Company
- Broadway Electric, Inc.
- Frederick Quinn Corporation
- John Burns Construction
- The Lombard Company
- O.A.K.K. Construction Company, Inc.
- Poulos, Inc.
- R. T. Milord Company
- Reliable & Associates Construction Company
Class C General Contractors:
- Cosgrove Construction, Inc.
- Drive Construction, Inc.
- G.E. Riddiford Company, Inc.
- Kee Construction, LLC
- McDonagh Demolition, Inc.
- O.C.A. Construction, Inc.
- Oakley Construction Company, Inc.
- Robe, Inc.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A, B, and C prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1586, for the Read Dunning School – Site Preparation Project. The Site Preparation Work consists of erosion control measures, site clearing, tree removal, demolition of existing concrete slabs and utility tunnels, excavation and soil remediation, relocation of an existing 48″ sewer line and mass grading for building foundations at the site located at 4071 North Oak Park Avenue, Chicago, IL 60634.
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found here: springerblueprint.com
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here.
On Thursday, October 5, 2017, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m. and a Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30a.m. in the PBC’s Second Floor Boardroom located in the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Chicago, IL. The Technical Review Meeting is mandatory for all eligible, prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
On Friday, October 6, 2017, the Commission will host a Non-mandatory Site Visit at 11:00 a.m. Attendees are to meet at the west entrance to the site off of N. Oak Park Avenue near the intersection with W. Irving Park Road. Closed-toe shoes are required to walk the site.
Sub-contractors and suppliers are invited to attend these meetings to meet the pre-qualified contractors bidding on this project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Thursday, October 26, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda w/Presentation Documents (10/5/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (10/5/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (10/5/17)
- (Non-Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (10/6/17)
- Addendum No. 1 for Read Dunning – Site Preparation (C1586) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
For more information on PBC’s Read Dunning school project, view the project page.