Advertisement for Bids Contract C1588 –
Esmond Elementary School Annex
List of Prequalified Bidders:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1588 for the construction of a new approximate 20,000 sq. ft., two-story annex to an existing two-story school and demolition of the existing annex building. The proposed annex will include (1) standard classroom, (1) science classroom with storage, (1) computer room with storage, (1) art room with storage, (1) administrative office, a new library, a new dining room, hybrid kitchen and kitchen servery, storage, toilets, elevator, utility rooms and building support space. The Project will also include parking lot upgrades, loading area, refuse enclosure, stormwater management infrastructure, a new turf field and a new outdoor playground. Additionally, exterior envelope repairs will occur and a new roof will be constructed at the existing building.
Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found here:
The list of Assist Agencies who will have access to complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here: Assist Agencies
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30 a.m., and a Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through) of the facility at 11:00 a.m. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all eligible, prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
All activities mentioned above are to occur at the school, located at 1865 West Montvale Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60643. Parking in school’s parking lot is prohibited. Street parking is available. Please enter through Main Entrance on Montvale Avenue. All Mandatory Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit attendees must wear safety vests.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre-Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 5, 2017 (updated per Addendum No. 02), at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda and Presentation (10/31/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (10/31/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (10/31/17)
- (Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (10/31/17)
- Addendum No. 1 for Esmond Elementary School Annex (C1588) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Esmond Elementary School Annex (C1588) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3 for Esmond Elementary School Annex (C1588) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 3
For more information about Esmond Elementary School’s annex project, view the project page.