Advertisement for Bids
Contract C1580 – Zapata Academy Annex
Eligible to Bid:
25 firms have been deemed prequalified for this project:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- George Sollitt Construction Company, The
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The Construction Scope of Work includes a 2-story building containing 16 classrooms (including 12-general purpose classrooms, three (3) Pre-K classrooms, and (1) computer lab), student dining room and servery, administrative offices, faculty workroom, restrooms, storage, mechanical, and electrical rooms. The Annex will be fully ADA compliant and accessible. Renovations to the existing building will include a new roof, new water heater, and communication upgrades. Site improvements will consist of demolition of an existing modular and installation of a new playground, landscaping, stormtrap and parking.
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found on the designated printer’s online planroom for this Project at http://dfs.cushingco.com/pbc.htm/
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here: Assist Agencies
On Monday, August 7, 2017, at the Emiliano Zapata Academy School Gymnasium, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 9:30 a.m., Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:00 a.m., and Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through of the facility) at 10:30 a.m. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
All activities mentioned above are to occur at the school, located at 2728 South Kostner Avenue, Chicago, IL. Attendees may park in the school’s Parking Lot. Enter through the Main Entrance of the school.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre-Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened.
- Bid Tabulation Document (9/6/17)
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda w/Presentation Documents (8/7/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (8/7/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (8/7/17)
- (Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (8/7/17)
- Addendum No. 1 for Emiliano Zapata Academy Annex (C1580) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Emiliano Zapata Academy Annex (C1580) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3 for Emiliano Zapata Academy Annex (C1580) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 3
- Addendum No. 4 for Emiliano Zapata Academy Annex (C1580) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 4
- Addendum No. 5 for Emiliano Zapata Academy Annex (C1580) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 5
For more information on Zapata Academy’s annex, view the project page.